Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yoav's Prayer


Photo: Original Source Unknown
This little wooden plaque hung above the bed of
slain 11 year old Yoav.  This must have expressed his belief
May it be Your will, L-rd G-d and G-d of our forefathers, that I love every one of Israel as myself, and to graciously perform the positive commandment of loving your neighbor as yourself.

And may it also be Your will, Lord G-d and G-d of my forefathers, that you cause the hearts of my friends and neighbors to love me fervently, and that I be accepted and desirable to everyone, and that I be loving and pleasant, and that I be gracious and merciful in the eyes  of all who see me. As water reflects face to face, so the heart of man to man.   And all for the sake of Heaven, to do Your will.   Amen.

Yoav Fogel

1 comment:

  1. This young boy had something special and the little prayer plaque he hung on his wall is evidence of this. You can see it in his face.
    I pray for his sister Tamar as she is "mother" to her two remaining siblings. May G-d smile upon her and give her an extra portion of grace and mercy. What wonderful parents Ude and Ruth were to teach their children the ways of G-d!

    ReplyDelete